Friday, November 16, 2007

Love Notes

Dear Husband,

The next time one of our evil spawn start fussing in the middle of the night listen to me when I say, "he is just fussing, he will settle down in a minute". Please don't guilt me into bringing him to bed with us. And, if you are some how able to convince me to do this again, I call the head you can have the feet.

Sincerely,
Your loving wife


Dear Ben,

Oh Benny, Benny, Benny, I do love you so, but not at 3am. The next time you start screaming in the middle of the night there best be some blood involved. If I wanted my back massaged by little feet I would have a little Chinese woman walk on my back, no need to kick the shit out of me. I know you are a happy boy, but please reserve your singing for when the sun is up. If I ever eat too many retard sandwiches again and invite you into my bed please keep the following rules in mind: 1. No kicking mommy, 2. No singing, 3. No snoring, 4. Bring your own pillow, mine is not big enough for the two of us, 5. You are a small boy, you only get a small portion of the bed, you must lay parallel to mommy and daddy, 6. Same for covers, they do not need to be wrapped around you, we have a king sized quilt on a queen sized bed, there should be enough for everyone. My bed, my rules, if you don't like it stay in your own bed!

Love,
Your tired mommy

3 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

will you please write that letter to my son. he uses me as a head rest and my husband as a foot rest, starting around 3 am, as well. i have no feeling in my left arm, anymore due to the fact that he has used it is a blankie...twisting it in so many different positions that i believe it to have nerve damage. so, i am anxiously awaiting a similar letter to my son...
from a fellow exhausted mommy blogger
take care...awesome post...obviously, i can soooooo relate!

Anonymous said...

I simply CANNOT sleep with a kid in my bed...it's impossible. Let me know if the letters work!

Michelle said...

My hubby was horrible when the oldest was little. If she made the slightest peep, he was out of bed (or kicking me out of bed) to bring her to our bed. I said the same thing as you, she will settle down in a minute. He was on a trip for a couple weeks and I let her fuss it out and she was sleeping great. He came home and the first night he went to jump out of bed when she rolled over and squeaked . I said if you get out of this bed, do not come back. He didn't move.