Monday, November 12, 2007

Random Meme

Okay, here are the much-awaited 7 random things!

1. I welcome the early Christmas decorations, music and shopping. I love this time of year and if I can draw it out, sign me up! I have already started my shopping and plan to be finished by the day after Thanksgiving!

2. After watching Oprah last week, I have a secret crush on Donny Osmond. He and his brothers sang and did a little synchronized dance it was so cute! It made me want to have a whole bunch of kids and teach them to sing and dance. As I mentioned in my last 7 random things, I wouldn't be able to teach them since I have no rhythm, but I could get them lessons! The Osmonds had 9 kids, those 9 children had 55 kids and those 55 kids have already produced 48 kids. Wow a big family would sure be fun! Those Mormons have all the fun!!

3. I love to sew. I spent most of my day and a good portion of the weekend sewing. It is very therapeutic for me. I was sewing when Jack went to bed last night and again before he got up this morning. He couldn't believe it when he found me in the same spot that he left me. He was certain that I had sewed all night! I made a bunch of hooded towels to donate to the MOPS silent auction and I am making 36" Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy dolls for Ben and Lauren for Christmas. They have been watching me make them and take off with the incomplete dolls screeching "I got it, big baby, I got it, big baby" with glee, at every chance they get. I think they are going to love them!

4. I wish my parents would move here. I miss them terribly! Before Travis and I moved we would hang out with them several times a month, we both really enjoy their company. I hate that they are missing out on these early years with my kids. My sister lives an hour away from me and my nephew just turned one. My parents are dragging their feet on retiring and getting down here. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking!

5. In 1987 I won a drawing to be the bat girl for one of the teams in the College World Series. I was matched up with Florida State; unfortunately they were eliminated in a mere two games. My claim to fame!

6. My favorite vacation spot is Key West, FL. My husband and I love to travel, we try to get away at least once a year (it was more frequent before we had kids). Key West is a great town with lots of fun water sports and cool bars. It is so laid back and relaxed that even Travis loosens up!

7. I need 9 hours of sleep per night to be a happy mommy. I turn into a pumpkin (as my husband calls it) at 10pm and I get up at 7am. Don't ask me how I made it through the first three months of my children's lives, it is all a blur! It is after my bedtime, gotta go!

I am supposed to tag 7 other people. I have recently done this and tagged just about everyone I know, so I won't tag anyone, but if you want to do a meme, go for it!

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

fun stuff...i can totally realte to the whole crush on Donny. watching them on Oprah brought back so many memories, i am putting the DVD collection of their variety show on my Christmas list...i could care less if it makes me look like a dork!

while i am here i want to let you know that one of my many many fans (humble? not so much) gave me an award for all of my blogging goodness *wink*...i passed one on to you! check out my blog for the details and to accept your award!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I wish I knew how to sew. I'm not so crafty though. Great list!

Michelle said...

Donny was hot in Joseph! And did you know he sang the warrior dude songs in Mulan?

I can sew but I'm not sure I like it. I need projects I can finish quickly. I did make myself some of my maternity clothes though.

Oh what I wouldn't give for a good night's sleep! I think I get less sleep now that my kids are older.