Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ooops, I Did It Again!

I quoted my mother word for word again! This morning Jack was a sack hound (I think my grandpa coined this term) and didn't get up until I went into his room at 8:30. He was just lying in this bed with his eyes open. I asked him if he slept well, no answer. I asked him if he wanted to get up, no answer. I asked him if he wanted to get ready for school, no answer. I asked him if something was bothering him, no answer. I asked him if he was feeling okay, still no answer. I picked him up out of bed and he told me that he wasn't feeling well and wanted to stay home with me today. I got out the rectal thermometer expecting him to say he was suddenly feeling better. He let me stick the thermometer up his ass so I thought maybe he was sick. 98.7, that isn't sick. I told him that we wouldn’t be staying home because I had errands to run. I told him that if he was sick he didn't need to go to school, he could tag along with us. I then realized why he wanted to stay home.

Jack: Before we run our errands, can I go upstairs and watch cartoons because I am sick?
Me: (get ready, here comes my mom's quote) Oh, I am sorry honey. When you stay home sick from school you can either lie in your bed or you can lay on the couch down here and watch the news with me.
Jack: Oh...
Me: Do you still want to stay home from school?
Jack: No, I feel better.

This little charade did not leave us much time to get ready for school. School starts at 9am, it was 8:50 and we were all still in our pajamas. We got ready in record time and I got him dropped off within the drop off range of 9 – 9:15. Not bad!

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

wow he let you probe him with a thermometor...he was really wanting to stay home!! i will admit, i would have let him stay AND watch cartoons after giving up his bum like that! lol

Lisa said...

You'll laugh, but still to this day I've never done the rectal thermometer on either of my girls. I'm afraid I'll go too deep or not deep enough. What a chicken, huh?

I too find things that my mom said flying out of my mouth way too frequently. I think though that she had three kids & a very high-stress job....wonderwoman!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. Sneaky! I had one of those sneaky kids last week, too. Fun, fun.