Friday, November 16, 2007

Feast Or Famine?

Me: You and your class sure looked cute in your pilgrim costumes at the Thanksgiving feast!
Jack: We were Indians, duh.
Me: Okay...

I hate to even think about what we pay for preschool and my son was fed the crappiest "feast" I have ever seen. Feast or famine, you be the judge:
one slice turkey lunchmeat
one slice white bread (thanks a lot, until this point my kid didn't know bread came in "white")
three cheese cubes
fruit cocktail
green beans
one dry sugar cookie
one Dixie cup of watered down lemonade
I wanted to take a picture of their meal, but I was afraid my camera might be confiscated! How can they serve this crap in good conscience?

The story of Thanksgiving according to Jack:
"The pilgrims set the table and the Indians brought the food"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jack sure looks cute!
That seems like a rip of a thanksgiving meal. Was that supposed to be their lunch? Did parents bring in certain things or was it provided by the school?

How much is Jack's preschool anyway? I pay $85 a month for Goosey's 2-day a week program...she's there from 9 - 11:30 & all the teachers have education degrees. I think that's pretty cheap!

Kelli said...

Jack goes to school three days a week from 9am to 2pm. The lead teacher has a degree and the assistant usually doesn't. It is $250 per month. Yes, the feast was their lunch provided by the school. Normally the kids bring their own lunch.