Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful Me!

I have thankfully been tagged by my pal at Bun In The Oven to post another 7 random things. Thankful, you ask? Yes, you see my kids and I have been incredibly boring the last couple days leaving me with nothing to write about. I have actually sat down at my computer thinking that I have time to blog and can't think of a damn thing to write about! Travis' sister and brother-in-law are arriving today to spend a couple days with us, so I have been cleaning, damn the luck this is an off week for the cleaning lady. I have been formulating a post in my head about what I am thankful for this season, but I figured I would save that until tomorrow. So anyway, here's to you Anne, enjoy!

Seven Random Things!

1. I am a faithful Black Friday shopper! It all started when I was around 10 years old. I started going with my mom, we continued that tradition for nearly 20 years before Travis and I moved to Texas. We studied the ads before and after dinner on Thanksgiving Day to formulate our plan. We made lists of what time the stores opened and what we needed at each one. We would make a plan before we went into each store, "mom, you get in line and I will grab two widgets and be back in a flash!" We would have so much fun laughing at the other shoppers and my sister. We used to drag my sister with us even though she complained the whole time. It really just added to the experience. This will be my third year of shopping alone, unless I can talk my sister in law into coming with me this time! It isn't as fun when you don't have a partner, but I don't let that stop me. I usually try to make friends with other mother/daughter teams, last year I was adopted by a lady who reminded me of my mom! Which reminds me of a lady I met in line while shopping with my mom in Nebraska. I had my list written on my husband's company stationary. I was checking my list when the woman I had been chatting with in line in front of me said, "Did you steal that stationary from work?” I laughed and said "No, my husband did". We went on to figure out that her husband worked with my husband. I was sure to remember her husband's name so I could ask Travis about him. When I got home I told Travis about meeting Chuck's wife in line. The color drained out of his face as he stuttered, "What did you say? He is my boss!" Luckily, I made a good impression and my new line friend told her husband how nice I was! Can you believe how the stores open earlier and earlier each year? Twenty years ago the stores opened at 6am, this year many are opening at 4am and I am actually hitting a sale at the Tommy outlet that starts at midnight Thanksgiving Day!

2. I would pay good money to send Ben and Lauren away to some sort of potty training boarding school. They have them for puppies and they come back house broken, is there a place to send babies? Lauren is going to start wearing pull-ups and panties as soon as my in-laws leave. My goal is to have her potty trained by Christmas. Wish me luck!

3. I saw a family on TV with 9 biological children between the ages of 4 months and 11 years. Something inside of me was insanely jealous. I would love to have a huge family, the only problems are that I hate being pregnant, I don't really enjoy babies until they sleep through the night, my boob job and laser hair removal would be ruined and most importantly, my husband is done. Lisa, I took the test and it was negative...darn.

4. I have a horrible singing voice, but that doesn't stop me from making up new words to songs about what is going on during our day. I just had to stop writing to change Lauren which called for a quick verse of "The poopy chic, the poop, poop, poop, poop, poop, the poopy chic." to the tune of Hippy Chic. I sing "You Are My Jackson" to the tune of You Are My Sunshine and "There was a mommy, had a boy and Benny was his namo, B-E-N-N-Y..." to the tune of Bingo. My kids enjoy it for now, but I am sure it is only a matter of time before they start to notice I can't sing!

5. I can eat more than my husband and most men for that matter! I love food; it takes a lot of self-control to not eat myself into gluttony at every meal. However, I will be letting it all hang out and gorging myself tomorrow and Friday...after all it is Thanksgiving! Stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, oh my! In my younger days I would go to Spaghetti Works, an all you can eat spaghetti place in Nebraska, with several of my male friends and win eating contests!

6. I got first place in my 7th grade science fair for making wine! I think the samples I gave to the judges and my teachers helped get me the win! My dad and grandpa made wine as I was growing up...some good and some bad! They helped me study the chemistry behind fermentation.

7. I hate raisins. They are so disgusting. You don't eat rotten apples or watermelon, why eat rotten dried out grapes? Yuck, what a waste of grapes!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I'd been wondering if you really took a test....shucks, huh? When you didn't post yesterday I was sure it was positive & you were trying to get over the shock of baby #4.
Have a great Thanksgiving. We're off to the Big "O" in about an hour - crappy weather & all!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I read somewhere that you actually can outsource the potty training. You should ask around!

Hey, it snowed in Omaha this morning - too fun. Got some cute photos of Drew with his first snow. Wish you were here. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

It makes me laugh that you make/drink wine but you don't like raisins because they are rotten grapes! lol Great list!

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way. I just gave you an award. Come on over and check it out when you get a minute!

Mamarazzi said...

it was so much fun to read this and learn more about you!!

SWC said...

Wow! Love your list. You are one nutty lady. Hehe... Happy Thanksgiving (belated)

Lisa said...

Where are you, oh dear Kelli?