Saturday, April 26, 2008

Calgon Take Me Away...

I have been cleaning all morning. Everything was clean on Wednesday when we had playgroup. The other moms helped pick up after the playdate, so it was clean as of Wednesday at 2pm. Since then my children have proceeded to dump every bin in both bedrooms, throw 299 of the 300 balls from the ball pit all over the game room, try on then drop every piece of dress up clothing, throw all of the empty hangers in their closets on the floor and leave cups half full of milk under their beds in hopes of making cottage cheese. I spent over an hour undoing the carnage, dusting and vacuuming. After that do I deserve 20 minutes to sit down and catch up on my email and blogs? I think so! While I am doing that I can hear the heathens tearing their bedrooms apart again. WTF! If it is more fun to play in a clean room, why do they continue to trash it day after day? The only break they are taking in their destruction is to tattle on each other. When I shagged them out of their rooms they took it upon themselves to jump on my furniture. It is Saturday, WHERE IS YOUR FATHER?!?!

4 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

OH no...i am not good with big messes. i get overstimulated. good luck girlie...

Crystal D said...

Sometimes I feel like it will never be organized and clean again. But then, when it is, that will probably mean my kiddos are grown up and I bet I won't like that too much either.
Hope you got a break today.

suchsimplepleasures said...

i gave up on the organizing. well...i kinda gave up on the whole cleaning thing...i'll worry about it when the kids go to college!!

btw...we collected tadpoles a couple of years ago...did you know that they eat each other!!
ew!
xoxo

Jaina said...

Yes, I think you deserve a little time to relax and unwind. Soon they'll be old enough to clean up after themselves, right? Good luck until then!