Friday, April 4, 2008

Sick Kid Top Ten Plus One

As I sit at home on this Friday night feeling sorry for myself I have come up with a list of the ten crappiest things about having a sick kid.

1. I didn't get to go to the gym.
2. We missed dinner at our friends' house.
3. Ben drenched me in drool when he fell asleep on my chest.
4. I haven't been able to put Ben down all day.
5. If I was lucky enough to rest my arms one of the other two attention deficient children pounced at the opportunity to be held.
6. Children's Tylenol stinks when it is spit into your eye.
7. I was trapped within the walls of my home all day and I anticipate a similar day tomorrow. I couldn't even talk on the phone because I don't have a voice!
8. We didn't get to have lunch and a play date with my sister and nephew.
9. Lauren and Jack were bored out of their minds and decided to entertain themselves by writing on each other's clothes with marker.
10. Travis, God love him, is a nervous nellie and second-guesses my mothering.

And, I really feel sorry for the poor little guy. His cheeks are flush, his eyes are puffy, his nose is running and he just looks plain miserable. I would be really pissed at him for ruining my day if I didn't feel so damn sorry for him!

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

awww no fun at all!!

if i lived closer i would have been by with a YUMMY pot of home made chicken noodle soup!! or dumplings...whichever all the sickies preferred! i am easy like that!

Lisa said...

Poor Ben! Having a sick kid does bite! Here's hoping he feels better soon - Let Travis take a turn with him today!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry to hear that the crud has struck your house!! i hope there is a speedy recovery!! and...no one else better get sick!!
xoxo