Friday, April 18, 2008

Future Mountain Climber


This afternoon the kids and I went to the art festival in my sister's town about an hour away. Uncle Trey met us there too! Jack was thrilled because he had another big kid to play with! Jack and Uncle Trey went off to check out the kid stuff while Aunt Nicole and I pushed the little kids in their strollers and shopped.

Jack came running up to me breathless.

Jack: Mom! (pant, pant, pant) There is a rock wall over there and you have to be 5-years-old to climb it!
Me: And, how old are you?
Jack: I'M FIVE!! Uncle Trey said he would pay for me to climb the wall or get my face painted!!
Me: So, what are you going to do?
Jack: I'm gonna climb it!

He climbed all the way to the top. He was so proud of himself. I on the other hand was kicking myself for not bringing my camera. Lucky for me, I could purchase this crappy Polaroid for $5. It is free to get in, but that is where the charity ends!

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

SO FUN!!

my brother owns a gym that has rock climbing classes and everytime we go "home" J begs my dad to take her over to the gym and help her climb the walls...so much fun, makes me wish we lived closer so she could go everyday!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a big boy! That looks fun!

Lisa said...

Brave kiddo! I am scared to death of heights. At our children's museum we have a small rock climbing wall - right now Goosey's afraid, but Lulu I'm sure will be all over it!
Cute picture, Jack! So glad you're five!