Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Graduation Time


Jack's is graduating from preschool next week. I don't really remember preschool graduation when I was a kid. Come to find out his elementary school has a kindergarten graduation ceremony as well as a ceremony when they 'graduate' from the elementary school. What happened to high school and college graduation being something you work towards? By the time Jack reaches high school graduation he will have already graduated at least 3 times! That being said, I am pretty excited about preschool graduation. I have made all of the kids in his Busy Bee class bee magnets to remind them of their time in preschool. Best of all, my parents are coming down from Nebraska to witness the blessed event. Any excuse to get them to visit is a good one to me! We will have a special dinner after the ceremony, my mom is brining Jack a little gift and we will have something for him too. I am not sure what to get him. What is the traditional gift for preschool graduation?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How about a special book???

Cute magnets!

Mamarazzi said...

CUTE Busy Bee Magnets!!

hmmm traditional gift for preschool graduation...how about a whole pack of copy paper and some crayons? that's a lot of creatable space Yo!

SHW said...

The hubby and I don't get the multiple graduations either. I guess it is in case some kids don't make it to the important ones. At our elementary school, they call it a Kindergarten Celebration but they do have an 8th grade graduation (this is a parochial school tradition).

I'm thinkin' a preschooler would be happy with a Happy Meal!

Jaina said...

Aww, congratulations to the little guy! I vote for some sort of special toy or meal or something that would be considered a special treat for him. (or a toy he's been wanting for a long time or something...not too expensive though)