Monday, May 26, 2008

Train Table Torture

Dear Lauren,

This is a train table.

This is a water table.

From this point forward do not mix the two. I was not impressed when you chose to use your tea set to dump water on the train table. I was even less impressed when you encouraged your little brother to splash around in the water with you. Please accept this letter as your final notice.

This is a train table.

It is not something to stand on. When you choose to stand on the train table it is likely that you will fall off and get a black eye.

Please accept this letter as notice to not stand on the train table in the future. The next time you fall off the train table I will not feel sorry for you!

Love,
Mommy

6 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

this post was BRILLIANT!

Mamarazzi said...

pssst... i left you a little L O V E over on my blog...come and pick it up and pass it on!!!

Lisa said...

So glad I don't have a train table. Princess castles, yes. Train tables, no.

Jaina said...

Oh dear, that looks painful. I hope she gets better soon. (and I hope they take your final notice to heart)

suchsimplepleasures said...

i may have to borrow that but change the name, of course. my son seems to get confused about what the train table is for, exactly!!
xoxo

Crystal D said...

I have written versions of this letter so many times in my head. Both of my girls like to sit on the train table and play with other toys. It is very rarely used for trains. But I have caught them standing on, jumping from, and landing on said train table.