Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Confessions Of A Slacker Mom...

I have a confession to make. Although I am a consistent blogger, Jack's scrapbook ends at two months old and I never started a book for Ben and Lauren. This was brought to a head once again when I went to enroll Jack for kindergarten. I don't have his birth certificate. I don't know if I ever did. I scoured our file cabinet with no luck. When I told Travis of my plight he simply said, "I bet it is in his baby book". For the record, I suck. I think I was given a baby book at a shower for Jack, but I have never written in it. I had a pregnancy journal for Nate and Spence, I journaled everything. I think that just soured me on the whole baby book thing. I blog nearly everyday rather than cut a bunch of scraps of paper and spend hours on end to document one small event in my kids' life. I don't love my kids any less than "scrappers" do! Which brings me to my point, how do I save all of these stories I have written about my kids in this blog? Is there a way to print my blog? Will Blogger be around forever or will I someday lose everything? I am reaching out to all of you computer savvy bloggers, how do I save my posts?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Check with Kristen over at Loving Our Simple Life. I think she had a book made this winter :)

BTW - I started Goosey's scrapbook & am almost through her first year, but past that all of my pictures are either on my computer or in the envelopes....augh!

Cecily said...

Blurb makes blog books... check em out. http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

Jaina said...

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41447&topic=12458

There's a link for blogger telling you how to do it. They don't have an automatic feature to do that (though given time they might come up with it I think) Your other best bet is to go through and copy/past things into word documents, save with the post title as the file name, and then from here on out do that each time you post or once a week. Time consuming, but once you get caught up it shouldn't be too bad.

Mamarazzi said...

go to http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

AWESOME!! i plan on doing it once a year to make sure i have a paper archive...just in case! but yea i think blogger will be around forever.