Thursday, February 7, 2008

Twins Are Swell

I love having twins. Ben and Lauren are so fun to watch. You normally don't see two-year-olds interacting, at this age they are still doing parallel play. But, when you have twins they grow up side by side and love to play together. I love to listen to them first thing in the morning; it usually goes something like this:

Ben: Wake up Lolo
Lauren: Morning Benny
Ben: Let's play!
Lauren: Otay

They will play happily by themselves for at least 30 minutes every morning while I catch a few more winks of sleep. I will admit it isn't all rainbows and lollipops; what usually gets me out of bed is when someone is crying because they have been hit, kicked or bit.

Today they were playing 'this little piggy went to market' which sounds a little like this:

Lauren: (touching each of Ben's toes) Piggy, piggy, piggy, home, wee wee wee. My turn now, do it to me Benny!
Ben: (touching each of Lauren's toes) Piggy, piggy, piggy, home, wee wee wee.

Then they laugh and laugh.

They also like to play 'peek-a-boo'. Lauren can say it correctly, but Ben still says, "Pick boo".

The best part of the day was when I over heard Lauren saying, "I love you Benny" and Ben responding, "I love you too". It wasn't even prompted! I have never heard them say that to each other before, what a great first! Days like today make me feel sorry for people that will never experience this!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

ooooooh i love this...love love love it!! i feel sorry for me tooo!!!

atleast i have your stories, they make me smile with my heart for shizzle!

Lisa said...

How sweet are they??!?!