Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Love Like Relationship

Jack has been trying to prove his love for me lately by telling me things like...

Mom, I love you to the moon and around the world and too the moon again and around the world and around the world!

Mom, I love you more than I love Dad and Ben and Lauren.

Mom, I love you more than Ben does.

Mom, I love you more than Lauren does.

Mom, I love you more than Daddy does.

I love your kisses more than ________. (Fill in the blank with anything that a 4-year-old can not live without)


All very sweet, but there is one that I am still trying to decide if it is good or not. I tied Jack's shoes for him and he thanked me by saying:

You are the best mom in the whole world! I like you more than I love you.

Hmmm, is that good or not?

4 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

oh for sure LIKE is better than love...i mean he HAS to love you, you are his mom...but like you?? all together a different story!!

i say congrats!

Mamarazzi said...

YO!! i gave you an award over on my blog. it is AWESOME so go pick it up and pass it on...you will LOVE this one!!

You. Are. Welcome.

Lisa said...

Goosey's favorite thing is "Mommy, I love you more than Disney Princesses" or "I love you more than American Girl dolls". That's some serious love, I tell ya!

SHW said...

There is something about sons. My son has always said things like this too. Just last night he thanked me for dinner and for taking him to his friend's house. The oldest daughter said, "What did you do wrong?" Thinking there must be some ulterior motive for being appreciative.