Friday, February 8, 2008

Experiment

This morning all was going well. I woke up about 7:30, the kids were still sleeping so I got to take an uninterrupted shower AND shave my legs. Life was good! The kids woke up around 8am and immediately started demanding breakfast. "I want waffles!” "I want pancakes!", "I want cereal!". I don't remember 'short order cook' being part of my job description when I applied to be a stay at home mom, but somehow it happened. I opened the freezer to get the waffles and pancakes. You caught me; I don't make waffles or pancakes from scratch. When I opened the freezer I was greeted with a full single serving red Gatorade. Unfortunately, it wasn't contained in the bottle if you know what I mean!

Me: Who put this Gatorade in the freezer?
Jack: It was me mom, I was doing a little experiment. What happened to it?
Me: (rather testy) come see what happened!
Jack: (looking in the freezer) It exploded...
Me: Yes, it did. Now, who is going to clean this up?
Jack: You?
Me: That's what I was afraid of. Next time you do an experiment, do it in your own freezer.
Jack: I don't have a freezer.
Me: Exactly.

6 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

OH NO!!

love the conversation though...

Alison said...

I love it....Do it in your own freezer!! I need to remember that one!!

Mamarazzi said...

i tagged you for a pretty interesting idea...i am intrigued so i am playing...i hope you will too!!

Mamarazzi said...

hey there...scratch the tag. i deleted it..i was hit with tons of spam...yuck! do not do it ok?

Crystal D said...

I made my husband read this and "Tastes like Chicken" because I just wanted him to really know why I read blogs. Jack just cracks me up. I needed that this weekend. How do kids come up with these things?!?!?

Lisa said...

Jack is a hoot!