Thursday, February 28, 2008

Barf-O-Rama Part II

I stayed up late last night finishing the last of Jack's birthday invitations so he could pass them out at school today (he is inviting everyone in the class). But, this morning I was awaken at 5:30am by Jack crying from his bed. When I stepped into his room I was nearly knocked over by the unmistakable stench of puke. We aren't just talking a little and it was in his top bunk (the up bed as Jack calls it). If you have ever tried to change the sheets on a top bunk in the corner of the room you are currently feeling my pain. Luckily Travis was home still so he was able to start the bath for Jack while I got the sheets in the washer. As soon as I took over Travis bailed mumbling something about needing to get something done at work before 8am. I feel so bad for Jack, today is the teddy bear tea party at school that he has been looking forward to and tonight is Desserts with Dad (the kids show their dads the classroom and have dessert and what not). So, do I tell him that he will be missing the tea party and dessert or do I just wait for him to ask about it? Poor me; no school, no gym, no passing out the super cool birthday invitations, no going to the store to replenish the supply of diapers (Ben and Lauren slept in Pull-Ups because we are completely out!), no nothing. Since I won't be told how cool the invitations are from the other parents at school I have posted it so y'all can tell me how great it is!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Poor Jack and Poor Mommy!

Crystal D said...

Those are SO cute. There is still time to hand them out on Monday. It still gives people 5 days to RSVP, that is ok. So sorry little Jack is sick, I hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Um...those invitations?? You're my hero.

Poor little guy...I hate stuff like that where they miss the things they've been looking forward to. :(

Alison said...

those are some incredible invites!!! great job!!

Mamarazzi said...

barf...yuck, poor kiddo and poor you!

the invited are AWESOME!!!

Lisa said...

That is a really great invite. How in the heck did you do those??? Goosey wants a cheerleading party. And she wants me to make everyone uniforms. Wanna pretend your her mom???