Monday, February 18, 2008

Barf-O-Rama

When I picked the kids up at Kids Klub at the gym they had Lauren quarantined in the empty infant area. They said that Lauren had just decided to lie down on the floor and shut her eyes, so they assumed she was sick. They didn't bother to come get me because they knew my class would be over soon. When I picked her up I was so hot that I couldn't tell if she was feverish or not. She told me that her stomach hurt, but I didn't think much of it assuming that she was hungry since it was dinnertime. We were planning to go out to dinner but after discovering that she did have a fever of 101.8 we decided to stay home. As soon as I got the kids’ dinner on the table Lauren threw up all over the kitchen floor. I cleaned up the floor, gave Lauren a bath then washed the towels I used for clean up. When I got done I gave the boys a bath too, by the time I finished with them Lauren had thrown up again. So, I cleaned up the floor, gave Lauren a bath then washed the towels I used for clean up...AGAIN. I think Lauren could tell that I wasn't enjoying the whole process and told me "I am sorry my tummy made a mess on your floor". After getting everyone to bed we had a little over an hour before she threw up again. We heard a little cough then a little person up and around so I went upstairs to investigate. Lauren met me at her door caked in puke and said "Mommy, look at my bed, Benny did it". Wow, either Ben was able to get up out of his bed, throw up all over Lauren and her bed without getting any on himself then get back in bed and fall asleep before I got up to their room or Lauren has been taking lying lessons from Jack. Since Ben is unable to eat a bowl of applesauce without having it in his ears, between his toes and all over his clothes I am assuming it is the later. How did I get so lucky to have two advanced children? It must be good genes!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hope Lauren is feeling better. Goosey puked on Friday night, right after our house had been cleaned, and Josh managed to catch all of the puke in his sweatshirt so it didn't get all over the floor. Is that a sweet save, or what?

Mamarazzi said...

oh poor Lauren...barf-o-rama is right!! thats the worst!!

i feel for you too...that is not fun to clean up over and over and over again!!

i hope everyone is feeling better!!! and that it does not get passed around...oh my!

suchsimplepleasures said...

feel better lauren!! no one else get sick!!!
xoxo