Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Party

The Dora and Diego party came off without a hitch. While the adults enjoyed frozen margaritas and sangria I gave the kids virgin margaritas. The virgin drinks were hit and miss, my boy Benny loved them, but many of the kids just abandoned their drinks in the yard. I guess they are learning a valuable party rule early; if the hostess gives you something you don't like, just walk away with a smile and drop it somewhere far away! We had a taco bar for dinner complete with all the fixin's (see I am becoming a Texan). My friend who is a gourmet cook even asked me how I prepared the chicken! I had to admit it was from one of the little packets, but I guess it was good! The cake was beautiful thanks to Ms. Trisha!!

Ben and Lauren opened their gifts and made their mommy proud by appreciating each and every gift as they opened it. Even when they got clothes (which I requested!) Lauren wanted to take off her outfit right then and there and try them on! The party continued late into the evening with the company of our best buddies, the boys played cards and the girls hung out in the kitchen.




The best present of all was Mr. Potato Heads! Ben and Lauren each got their own head and two outfits. I didn't realize that Mr. Potato Head had accessories, but apparently I have been missing out. Jack had a head, but only the generic accessories that come with it. All three kids sat in a circle sharing the accessories and decorating their own heads for 30 minutes!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like it was a great party! I love how the diaper box was their favorite part!!! And the green carpet - yikes!!!