Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Don't Want To Be A Buzzy Bee!

Jack got a postcard with his preschool assignment today; he is going to be a Busy Bee. He isn't very fond of the name and can't stop calling it the Buzzy Bees. This wasn't a huge concern for me because last year he didn't want to be a monkey either. I agree with him, the names are a little lame. Jack will not be in the same class with his two best friends from school this year. They are both in the Caterpillar class. I fear that it might be my fault since I volunteered for him to be in a peanut free classroom if they needed to even the classes out. I have been telling him how great it will be to meet new friends, but deep down I understand his anxiety. I am a little glad that this happened this year. Next year all three kids will go to different elementary schools, so I think it will be better to adjust to not being in their class in a familiar surrounding. I know once Jack gets into class he will do fine, he is great at making friends. I just hope he doesn't worry about it too much between now and then. Who am I kidding? He probably won't give it another thought...I will do enough worrying for both of us. What is going to happen when he is in high school?

No comments: