Monday, August 20, 2007

What A Difference Ten Degrees Makes

Last week it was about 105 degrees everyday and I was hurting! I used to say that hot is hot and it doesn't matter whether it is 90 or 100 degrees, I am still sweating. I will admit that I was wrong. My body doesn't like 105 degrees. Cold is the worst temperature for my MS, but when it is over 100 degrees for 7 straight days my body just shuts down. I continued to go to Pilate’s, but I felt like I lost ground everyday. I even fell when doing a particularly tricky maneuver called standing splits. The fall produced a softball size bruise on my upper leg/lower ass. The next day when I met friends at the beach club I had to stop at Target for a cover-up so I didn't look like a battered woman in public! This weekend we went to the lake with friends to tube and water-ski. It felt good. I haven't skied for at least 10 years, so it wasn't pretty, but I did it. The weather is finally back in the 90s, I went to Pilate's this morning and although I was sore from attempting to recreate my 20s last weekend, my strength was back. I feel great!

No comments: