Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pioneer Woman

My washing machine has been on the fritz for the last two weeks. I have mentioned it to Travis several times but he has done nothing but talk about fixing it. For some reason it becomes out of balance and quits on me. It has been quitting more and more frequently which requires me to open the lid, dig around in the washer and attempt to rebalance the load. This morning I was washing a simple load of sheets and the damn thing wouldn't run for more than 2 or 3 seconds at a time forcing me to stand by the washing machine and baby it along. I felt like a pioneer woman; it would have been faster for me to load the kids into my covered wagon, navigate the Oregon Trail to the river, beat my sheets against the rocks, then bring them home to hang dry. I am calling the Maytag man if this washer isn't fixed ASAP!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Don't you love how men handle that stuff? Don't you think if Travis had to stand there & rebalance the load non-stop there would be a shiny new maching in your laundry room? I know that would be what would get Josh's butt in gear!
Good Luck!