Thursday, August 30, 2007

So Sweet...Sometimes

We were on our way to a play date this morning. The kids were in the backseat serenading me with their usual tune.

"She's touching me!"
"No!"
"Stop it!"
"He scratched me!"
"He sneezed on me!"
"They are spitting on me!"
"Jack bite me!"

Jack biting Lauren tore it! I said something I used to hate hearing from my own mother.

"Jack, you better be nice to her, she is the only sister you will ever have!"

Then they were quite. I was in shock! I turned around expecting to see them plotting against me, but instead I saw Jack fighting back tears.

Me: What's wrong Jack?
Jack: I am just so sad.
Me: What are you sad about?
Jack: When we get big, Lauren is not going to live with me.
Me: You are right someday you will both get married and live with your own kids.
Jack: But, I always want to live with you and Lauren and Benny and daddy.

I know he won't always feel this way, but for now I am going to soak up the awesome feeling of agreeing with him. I wish we could always be together!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Julia has decided she never wants to grow up and get married or have babies. She just wants to live with us for the rest of her life. At first I tried to talk some sense into her, but then I remembered that she's three...and it's wonderful that she thinks living with us for the rest of her life is the best thing in the world. Jack & Julia seem so similar....they really may be a match made in Heaven. Although, Julia could never be a Husker fan. She would have to cheer for Notre Dame!!!

Jaime said...

Hello! I just came across your blog today. This post reminds me so much of my children. Especially the backseat serenade.