Friday, August 3, 2007

Happy Day Times Two

Today is the day I have been dreading. My babies are turning 2 years old today. It makes me so sad to see my babies growing up and knowing this is the last time I will do this. I could look at the calendar and know this day was coming, but I didn't even need it, the signs were everywhere. From the "NO" to the "Why?" and the "I do myself!” I knew the terrible twos times two were quickly approaching. When the pediatrician told me last week to start giving them children’s Tylenol rather than infants it was a slap in my babyless face! Don't get me wrong, I love them more and more everyday and I revel in each new accomplishment. I beam with pride when I hear their little voices say "lub you mommy". This morning when they woke up I serenaded them with my best rendition of Happy Birthday. As they opened their presents they both kept singing "happy day, happy day", it was so cute. Today we will celebrate by going to the local bounce house place, having pizza for lunch and a pizza dinner with friends. I made cupcakes for all the kiddos tonight, but the Dora and Diego blow out is tomorrow.

I went to the grocery store last night to buy supplies for the cake. The astute checker observed that it looked like I was going to do some baking. I told her that my twins were turning two and that they were having a Dora and Diego party. The crazy old checker actually thought their names were Dora and Diego! The conversation went much further than intended as I explained their names were Ben and Lauren and Dora and Diego were cartoons. Obviously she doesn't have any grandchildren, or she isn't as cool as my kids’ Grammy!

No comments: