Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's Official

Today was great! I took the kids shopping for school clothes this morning. I was able to find four short sleeve shirts and three long sleeve shirts for Jack. The shopping trip was all about Jack, but I couldn't help buying a matching button down for Benny. The kids were fabulous while we went to three different stores. As other people's children were running amuck, Jack was calmly pushing Ben and Lauren in their stroller and staying close by. At the third store Jack announced that he was hungry and I offered to drive through McDonalds for happy meals on the way home since they had been so good. Jack said, "No mommy, I have a great idea, let's go sit down for a nice meal". I had a momentary lapse in judgment and asked where he would like to go. He told me Chili's is the best restaurant. Chili's is on the other side of town and I didn't want the babies to fall asleep on the way there. I was so nervous about taking all of the kids to a sit down restaurant by myself but I couldn't let Jack down. I asked Jack to pick a different restaurant that was closer, so he chose Tin Star. The kids were perfect. Jack held Lauren's hand and I took Ben's. The kids sat at the table nicely and ate all of their lunch. People were stopping me to tell me how well behaved and cute my kids were. It felt really good. I couldn't help but think how freeing it was to have kids that were old enough to go out to lunch with. It made me long for when the kids are a little older and we can do even more together. I realized that having another baby would just prolong my pending freedom. It is official, I am done having babies and satisfied with my family just the way it is!

No comments: