Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's A Doggy Dog World

Ben and Lauren have an unexplained fear of man's best friend. Now, we don't have a dog, but I certainly haven't done anything to make them think dogs are scary. From the time they were babies they have been exposed to our friend's black lab, but in the last 6 months they have developed a doggy phobia. They act really tough if the dog is on the other side of glass, but if the dog even turns their direction they freak. Yesterday we took the kids to the local ice cream crank off that is put on by our friend's uncle. Tons of people come out and some people bring their dogs, which is something I will never understand. Dogs are not children; it is not illegal to leave them at home when you go somewhere. Ben was playing the run away and wait for someone to chase you down game yesterday. I will admit my friends were helping me by taking turns chasing him down, but it was getting a little old. He took off again, turning back to make sure we were all watching him and laughing at our sorry asses. When he finally turned around to see where he was going he was face to face with a dog. This wasn't just any dog; it was a big dog that I will admit looked a little menacing! Ben let out a blood curdling scream, did an about face and ran faster than I have ever seen him run! It is a doggy dog world and Benny was wearing milk bone underpants!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Eva is the same way. Although we don't have a dog and she loves our cat, she seems to really fear large dogs. Last night we were over at a friends for dinner & their big dog literally had her shaking! I was relieved when they finally put the dog away. I like dogs, but when they're freaking my kid out.....