Monday, July 7, 2008

Stink Bomb

We are officially home sweet home. It only took us about 10 hours to get home, we were able to shave off about an hour from our ‘with kids’ time! I have over 500 pictures that I need to sort through and when I do, I will post the photographic evidence of Jack’s bucket list, as it has been affectionately nicknamed.

On our way to Nebraska we had just passed the biggest town for miles when Travis realized we were almost out of gas. The car said we had 25 miles to empty and the road signs told us the next major town wasn’t for another 30 miles. We were desperate. We came across a gas station/firework stand and stopped, not a moment too soon. Lauren and I had to go to the bathroom so we headed to the ladies room while Travis and the boys filled up. Needless to say, the firework stand is a popular place on June 29th. However, I didn’t realize that we had stopped at the only bathroom in town. That’s right, every woman in the town was lined up waiting to use the two measly stalls. Finally it was our turn so Lauren and I shared a stall. I was a martyr and let Lauren go first even though I was about to wet my pants. Lauren is still at the stage where she feels like she has to be naked from the waist down to use the toilet. As soon as she finished I helped her put her flip-flops on and pulled her off the potty so she could get dressed. Ahhh…relief! The stream had started when Lauren decided to sit bare assed on the floor of the public gas station/fireworks stand bathroom. I swear I heard snickers from the other women in line as I frantically tried to get her off the floor without peeing on myself. As I was putting her back together she stopped dead in her tracks and announced to every woman within 60 miles “Wow mom, you have a BIG poo poo!” No, I did not take a load off at the gas station/fireworks stand bathroom like everyone waiting thought; poo poo is Ben and Lauren’s word for privates. Lauren and I did not sing the alphabet song as we were washing our hands this time; we simply wet them, grabbed a towel and left with our heads hung low. As we were walking out the door Lauren asked “why are we in such a hurry mommy?” in her very best outside voice.

3 comments:

Jaina said...

Oh how embarrassing! I'm glad you made it to Nebraska okay though. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Mamarazzi said...

YAY!! i am so glad to see you back!!

and the poo poo story is HILARIOUS!

i can't wait to see all the pics and hear more about Jack's bucket list!

Cecily said...

oh my god. please stop making me laugh out loud at the airport.