Thursday, July 17, 2008

Which Rock Do You Live Under?

After I dropped Jack off at summer school this morning; Ben, Lauren and I went to the rental property to do some cleaning. We (actually, just me; Ben and Lauren wanted to help but they mostly just got in the way) worked for almost 3 hours so I decided we should treat ourselves to Which Wich. When we walked in we were approached by a woman in her 50s who asked if we had ever been to the restaurant before. I said we hadn't, so she filled us in on how to order. Apparently I gave off a 'let's get to know each other vibe' and she kept talking to me.

Which Wich Witch (WWW): (gesturing to Ben and Lauren) How old are they?
Me: They will be 3 August 3rd.
WWW: Oh, they are twins?
Me: Yes.
WWW: Wow, I have never seen boy/girl twins before!

Really? You have never seen boy/girl twins before? Where have you been? Do you live under a rock? Have you lived on Earth all 50+ years of your life?

We got settled at our table and I started unwrapping our sandwiches. I put Ben's sandwich in front of him and he promptly threw it on the floor because he wanted to eat his chips not his sandwich. I played it cool and started over by giving each kid half of Lauren's sandwich and a few chips. I didn't pick the sandwich up; I figured I would get it on our way out.

WWW came back to our table.
WWW: Oh no, you dropped your sandwich on the floor!
Me: Yeah, I will pick it up on our way out.
WWW: I will sweep it up now so he doesn't step in it when he gets up.
Me: Thank you.
WWW: (addressing Ben) How did this happen?
Me: He didn't think he wanted it.
WWW: (addressing Lauren) Are you going to eat your sandwich?
Lauren: No.
WWW: I guess they are going through the terrible two's.

Actually, I didn't think they were being that bad. Yes, Ben tossed his sandwich, but we were moving passed that. Lauren just doesn't like to talk to strangers and this woman was STRANGE, that is why she said no. If you have never seen boy/girl twins I would say WWW is in no position to declare them to be going through the terrible two's.

1 comment:

Jaina said...

What an odd experience. There certainly are interesting people in the world.