Saturday, July 26, 2008

This Headache Has Benny's Name All Over It

Do you remember that commercial with the guy with his arms outstretched who says "I have a headache this big and it has Excedrin written all over it"? I have a headache considerably bigger than that and it is because of Benny. I took Jack to Walmart to buy his school supplies. I was expecting this to be an enjoyable experience remembering happy times shopping for school supplies with my mom. Unfortunately, it was quite the opposite. As I was reviewing the list trying to figure out how in the hell Jack will use 12 glue sticks Ben pulled the fire alarm. I swooped Ben up, no questions asked and buckled him in the cart. I didn't need to say anything, all three of them knew I was pissed! The alarm went off for at least 10 minutes before anyone did anything about it. Perhaps they couldn't hear it over Ben screaming, "Let me out! I want down! I want to walk!" Meanwhile, Jack and Lauren were climbing on everything. I must have said get down a millilon times. Between the screams, mountain climbing and the piercing sound of the fire alarm I couldn't decipher the list for the life of me. What is an 'Asst. Plastic Pocket Only Folder' and an 'Asst. 3-Hole "Pocket Plus" Poly Pouch'? I still don't know. Maybe my head will clear while I am in Santa Fe with my girlfriends and I will be able to figure it out Wednesday when I get home. When the alarm was finally turned off Ben said "Oh no, the noise stopped, we need to go pull it again". I swear this kid knows how to push my buttons!

5 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

OH NO!! wow that little guy is getting creative!

i have no idea what those school items are. thats a pretty specific list.

craZy

Anonymous said...

Amazing..! Thanks for sharing your school supplies shopping experiences.

Lisa said...

that sounds like a hellish trip. My advice is to leave the kiddos with Trav the next time you return to hell-mart!!!

Jaina said...

That does not sound like a fun trip.

Mamarazzi said...

wow i am ALL caught up!! woo hoo...you have been VERY busy blogging!!