Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Santa Savy

If you read my previous post, you know I am not a real Santa expert, but I am pretty proud of this one. My friend turned me on to this website. You write your own letter from Santa to your kids, send it to the post office in a self-addressed, stamped envelope and they send it back with a North Pole postmark.

This is the letter Santa is sending to my kids. Please feel free to borrow any or this entire letter!

Dear Jack, Ben and Lauren,

Thank you for the nice letter Jack! I love how you used such good manors when you sent me your Christmas list. I can tell you are working hard on your writing and know you are an excellent student.

A long time ago, before there were cars, airplanes, DVDs, Barbies, Nintendos and yes, even Santa, a child was born in a manger. What’s a manger? It’s a small wooden building that is meant to house animals – sort of like a stable. His parents traveled a very long way before they reached Bethlehem. It was very cold that night and they looked everywhere for a room but there wasn’t any. Then an innkeeper allowed them to sleep in his manger.

A bright star shown over Bethlehem that night. People all over saw the light and many followed it including three kings from foreign lands known as the Three Wise Men. They believed that the King of the Jews was to be born under it. They bowed down before Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus and gave him gold, frankincense (which is a sweet smelling incense), and myrrh (which is a special perfume).

The child born in that small stable was Jesus Christ, The Son of God, and our Savior. This was the very first Christmas ever! With all the holiday gifts and fun, always remember the true reason for the season.

For Christmas, I will bring each of you THREE gifts just like Jesus received from the Wise Men. I have been watching you all year and I am proud of your behavior. I have noticed that all of you occasionally have difficult times doing as you are told and being polite. Do your best this holiday season, I am watching and I believe in you! I will work hard to bring you everything on your list as long as you continue to make me proud!

Your elf, Mr. Scotters, is looking forward to spending the holiday season with you at your house. He will be reporting everything you do back to me every night. So, make me proud and remember to be kind and compassionate just like Rachael.

Merry Christmas,
Santa

2 comments:

Milo said...

That is an awesome letter. I actually might copy it. Well done. You'll have to poast again to say what they thought of it!!

Jaina said...

That's awesome, I'm definitely filing this away for someday when I have my own kids...