Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Potty Problems

Lauren has been in heaven the last two days. We gave her a "Potty Doll" for Nate and Spence's birthday. This baby caught my eye because it has the toilet Lauren wants without the mess, the doll doesn't actually pee. I haven't seen her without her baby named, Potty Girl, since she opened the gift yesterday. She carries her around putting her on the potty every few minutes; she even slept with her last night. Her brother's have been tormenting her by turning the doll or the potty off. Because she wasn't the one that turned it off she always assumed that it was broken. So, I wasn't alarmed when I heard...

Lauren: Mommy, my potty won't flush!

I was in the middle of wrapping gifts.

Me: Okay honey, I am in the middle of something, I will fix your potty in a minute.

The next thing I heard was my darling little girl splashing in water on the bathroom floor and water erupting from the toilet. The formerly half full toilet paper roll was empty and Lauren's deposit was dangerously close to floating out of the potty. I opened the linen closet in search of the plunger with no luck. I ran to the other bathroom to grab the plunger. I plunged with all my might. I momentarily had superhuman powers and plunged right through the poop. When I got the waterfall stopped I realized the bottom inch of my jeans was soaking up the dirty toilet water. I did my best to swallow the vomit that rushed up my throat. Lauren could sense my disgust as I barked orders to get more towels, get out of the way and be quiet.

Lauren: Mommy, I TOLD YOU that I was having a problem.
Me: Yes, honey you did...