Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Unanswered Prayers

Seven years ago today I was praying like I never had before or have since. I had given birth to extremely premature twins. We were prepped that Nate wouldn't make it, but we had a lot of hope for Spence. Both boys were born, lived a few hours and died December 9th, 2001. I can easily pinpoint this as the worst day of my life.

If Nate and Spence had lived, we would have never met Jack, Ben or Lauren. I can't imagine my life without those three! I think I love them even more intensely than the average mother because of what we went through with Nate and Spence. I never want to relive December 9th, 2001, but I wouldn't give it up for all the money in the world. I love my family and can't imagine it any other way. I guess Garth was right "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers".

I love you Nate and Spence and can't wait to meet you again!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

tears.....what a sweet, moving post, Kelli

Jaina said...

Garth definitely has it right. This was beautiful. ::hugs::