Monday, December 8, 2008

Birthday Bragging

I carpool with a neighbor to school. I drop off and she picks up. The boys are always trying to top each other. This morning I overheard this conversation.

Jack: We get birthday presents tomorrow!
James: It isn't your birthday.
Jack: I know that.
James: Then why do you get birthday presents tomorrow?
Jack: Tomorrow is my brothers' birthday; they can't open presents because they are in heaven so we get the presents instead.
James: I wish my sister was in heaven!

Here I was thinking I was doing the right thing by making the kids aware of Nate and Spence in a positive way. But, somehow it has turned into the neighbor boy wishing death on his sister.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing quite as hard as I am but that is hysterical!

Lisa said...

Oh Jack!!!

I hope you have a decent day today, Kelli. I'm sure it's not always the easiest. Thinking of you!

Jaina said...

I think that's so sweet that you do this to keep them alive to the kids. ::hugs::