Saturday, December 13, 2008

You Don't Always Get What You Want!

Today was breakfast with Santa at Jack's school. In addition to the rubbery pancakes and congealed sausage the kids got to shop at Elf Land. Elf Land gives the kids the opportunity to shop by themselves and buy gifts for their family. Jack decided that he was going to buy gifts for Ben, Lauren, Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, Grandpa and Grandma Judy. He counted out all of his quarters, and then started planning his shopping attack.

Jack: What do you want for Christmas Mom?
Me: I could really use a new set of measuring cups.
Jack: Well, I will see what I can do, but like you always say you don't always get what you want.

When Jack emerged from Elf Land he was carrying 4 gifts, one for Ben, one for me and two for Lauren.

Me: Jack did you forget anyone?
Jack: Nope!
Me: What about Daddy, Grammy, Grandpa and Grandma Judy?
Jack: Oh no, I have to go back in!