Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Primping

I took Ben and Lauren to the local pumpkin patch this morning to ride the hayrack, feed the animals and pick out a pumpkin. Lauren was so excited that she wanted to curl her hair like mommy. It has been a long time since I last tried to curl her hair so I gave it another try. The last time I used the infamous pink squishy rollers you wear to bed. Those didn't work worth a hoot so I decided to try hot rollers this time.

I left them in for at least twenty minutes hoping that I wasn't burning her fine hair, but wanting the curl to hold. We took the rollers out, waited for the curls to cool, sprayed with hairspray, tied her bangs back with cute Halloween ribbons and sprayed with more hairspray.

Didn't her hair look cute?

This is the very same girl less than 45 minutes later! Poor Lauren has my stick straight hair. All I can hope for her is that spiral perms don't come back, especially when she is at her most vulnerable in junior high!

1 comment:

Jaina said...

I remember those sponge curlers...I still have them (but don't use them) My mom has some pretty interesting pictures of me sleeping, completely passed out with those in my hair the night before various dance shows. Excellent blackmail material, but she's my mom, so I'm safe :)