Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Party Pooper

When we got to the pumpkin patch we were greeted by a friendly older gentleman who handed each kid a cup of animal feed. Lauren didn't even want hold the cup of feed so I grabbed it from the man and we walked in. I finally convinced Lauren to hold her own cup so that I could take pictures. Ben and Lauren were hesitant to feed the animals but Ben eventually warmed up.

This is as close to the animals as Lauren got.

Then we went on a hayrack ride. This was as happy as Lauren got.



After the hayrack ride I asked the kids to pose for a few pictures. Notice the forced smile in Lauren's face and the genuine happiness on Ben's face.




Then we went to pick out our pumpkins and Lauren finally just broke down. I didn't know why she was crying. I don't know if she was just upset that her hair didn't hold its curl or what. But, how could I know when she didn't know why she was crying. I tried to help her out and carry her pumpkin for her but that made her cry harder. Is there such a thing as toddler PMS? Ben happily picked out his pumpkin, and then carried it to the car like a big boy! This is the third time we have gone to the pumpkin patch and the third time I have left with a kid in full meltdown. It isn't always the same kid, which just adds to the excitement.



1 comment:

Jaina said...

Aww, poor thing. Was she just really tired? Ben looks so happy, what a little trooper :)