Monday, October 27, 2008

Conference Time

I went to Jack's conference this afternoon. Travis wasn't able to make it; he made an emergency trip to Nebraska to help his grandparents. The conference went really well. His teacher gave rave reviews about his behavior and progress. She pointed out two areas that need work; when counting to 100 he always skips the number 13 (which I knew) and that he needs to work on his writing but is definitely 'getting it'. I treated Jack to his choice of restaurants for dinner. He picked Sonic. He ordered a 'hot wiener dog' because his teacher has a wiener dog. He got to order whatever he wanted so he had a slush with his dinner and a hot fudge sundae for dessert. When we got home he drew a picture of our special dinner and wrote TWO sentences. "We wt to Sonic fur god rpt crd. I had a ht wenrdug." Translated, we went to Sonic for good report card. I had a hot wiener dog. Based on what his teacher taught me at conferences he did a great job! He worked really hard on his spacing and punctuation and most importantly he was proud of himself! The trick is going to be keeping him this excited! At bath time he wanted to use a color tablet. I told him he could have the tablet if he counted to 100 without a mistake. He counted perfectly! I am a proud mama!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY Jack! He's a smart cookie!

Jaina said...

Oh how exciting! He's a smart guy :)