Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mid-Life?

Several months back a good friend of mine lost her mother to cancer then a month or so later lost her father too. Just last week another friend of mine lost his dad and our attorney passed away. Our attorney was just a couple of years older than us; he had boy/girl twins that were around Jack's age. Another good friend is turning forty next weekend! Is it time for me to be having my mid-life crisis? I don't feel old. But this stuff doesn't happen to young people! I just described another kindergarten mom as really young because she is in her late twenties. I am becoming that old lady! My friend Jeff and I went to pick up Jack from school a couple weeks back and I told random kids that were messing around to be careful. What am I 90? Jeff even made the comment that I USED to be fun! I used to be young and hip, then all the sudden my friends parents started dying, people "my age" were dropping dead, and twenty something’s are "real young"...not to mention all of the sagging...what is happening to me?

3 comments:

Shine On said...

You are old! LOL

Jaina said...

:/ I'm sorry to hear all of that.

Beth Cotell said...

I'm old too - just turned 39!

Which is sad because I still feel like I'm in my twenties!