Friday, October 3, 2008

Go Wildcats!



Jack had an assembly at school today. Did you have assemblies in elementary school? I didn't have them until I was in high school. They encourage the parents to attend, so Ben, Lauren and I went. I am continually surprised at how many parents attend when they "encourage" us to come. There were over 300 kids at the K-2 assembly and there were only about 15 parents. Wow. We got there about 10 minutes early assuming it would be a mad house...I guess I was the fool! I guess the other parents will see the photos I took for the yearbook. That's right, I am the class photographer. Luckily it doesn't require any special skill! Speaking of yearbooks, I didn't have a yearbook until Junior High. How about you? The principal gave student of the month awards. The little girl that won didn't seem like she was a better kid than Jack. I found myself wondering why she won rather than Jack. When her mother crossed the street in front of my car after the assembly it crossed my mind to run her over like a Texas cheerleading mom! I guess there is always next month!

1 comment:

Jaina said...

I'm glad you were able to go to the assembly. I know it always meant a lot to me when my family could make it to those things. I had assemblies all through school. We had yearbooks in my first two schools, but the school I was at for 5th grade only had a fake, paperbound 5th grade yearbook, not exactly the same. High school yearbooks were the best. :)