Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trapped!

I have been bringing Ben and Lauren along when I show homes to clients that I have good relationships with. When it is a buyer that I have worked with for a long time I don't mind bringing them with me. They have been really good in the past; I guess I just got cocky. Today I took them along to show some town homes not far from my house. My buyer was a little late so we sat outside while we waited so we could enjoy the beautiful weather. Ben and Lauren were running up and down the sidewalk. Lauren tripped on her flip-flop and scrapped her knee. She whined as we went through the first two houses. In the third town home we stepped outside onto the balcony to check out the golf course view. Ben and Lauren followed us onto the balcony and Ben swung the door shut. When we turned to go inside we realized the door was locked! There were not any stairs to the ground from this second story balcony; we were trapped like rats! I called the owner of the town home to see if he could come unlock the door. The owner was at a closing and wouldn't be able to rescue us for at least a couple hours. Crap! I make a habit of leaving the front door open as a safety precaution when I show houses, so I called Trisha hoping that she was not in the middle of something. She rushed right over and was able to rescue us within about 3 minutes. It wasn't the disaster that is could have been, but it was certainly embarrassing!! Needless to say, Ben and Lauren won't be coming the next time I show that buyer a home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

evidently the training to close doors behind himself has sunk in.

Jaina said...

Lol to Anon's comment. I'm glad you were able to be rescued so quickly!