Tuesday, May 5, 2009

You Can't Fix Stupid!

As a realtor I am associated with a broker. Basically, I pay my broker to 'sponsor' me, which is required by law. My broker charges relatively low fees, but I have officially decided you get what you pay for! We have exchanged words in the past; we are trying to repair our rocky relationship. He is beginning to understand that I need to be 'stroked' when I make a sale. I like to be rewarded financially when I make a sale, but I also expect to be told how fabulous I am. So, my mentor has explained this to my broker and I think he is trying, but at this point I think he would be better off not to talk. Today in a meeting of our small office, consisting of 10 men and me, we were talking about simple things you need to do everyday to be successful in real estate. My broker went on to say, "You don't need to be Einstein or Brad Pitt to be successful. Look at Kelli, she is JUST A HOUSEWIFE and she has been wildly successful." Just a housewife? I am so much more than a housewife! But, being a housewife is not something I am ashamed of. I am proud of the HARDWORK I have put in as a 'housewife' over the last five years. My children are well-behaved, smart, funny and an all around joy to be around. This is much more than I can say for his son, Damien. I am not changing his name to protect the innocent because 1) he isn't innocent and 2) I think it important to know his devilish name is relevant! I am mad at myself. I didn't say anything. I still don't know what I wish I would have said, but saying anything would have been better than sitting there in shock like I did.

1 comment:

Jaina said...

Ugh...what a jerk. Some people just do not think before they open their mouths.