Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu Who?

I just don't know what to make of this Swine Flu madness! The Tysabri that I take for my MS is designed to suppress my immune system so it doesn't attack my brain. That is a really simplified way of putting it, but that is how I try to get Jack to understand it. So, my immune system is the equivalent to a baby's or an HIV patient. I have a friend that is a doctor in the local emergency room. He called last week to tell me that I need to be really careful and take the kids clothes off and give them baths when we get home from school or a shopping trip. The kids have loved taking bubble baths together in mom's tub.


I got a text Friday morning from my friend saying that they had seen the first probable case of swine flu in the ER the night before. Travis and I talked and decided to keep Jack home from school. It may have been a huge over-reaction, but I would rather error on the side of caution. My friend kept his kids home and he isn't the kind of doctor that over-reacts! I haven't heard anything about whether the probable case has come back positive or not, but that will determine whether Jack goes to school tomorrow or not.

1 comment:

Jaina said...

I hope it's not a full blown case. I'm glad you have someone watching out for you. Looks like a fun bubble bath!