Monday, May 4, 2009

"We Didn't Realize How Perfect Our Lives Were..."

Madeline McCann's parents were on Oprah today. This story hit me so hard two years ago as it was happening. Jack and Madeline are only a couple of months apart and their boy/girl twins are very close in age to Ben and Lauren. We went to San Antonio with two other families a couple of years ago and did almost the same thing the McCann's did. We had three suites in a row. We put the kids to sleep in two rooms and the adults played cards in the third room. Not exactly the same, not the 100 yards away that Kate and Gerry were, but too similar, eerie really. The McCann's had trouble getting pregnant, then were blessed with three kids right on top of each other just like us. Kate really struck a cord with me when she said, "I never took our kids for granted because of what we went through to get them, but we didn't realize how perfect our lives were." Wow. I need to be reminded every now and then that even though the economy is bad, swine flu is on the loose, Travis' job isn't as stable as we wish it was, we are overwhelmed with remodeling my father-in-law's house, my house is infested with ants, the kids are crying and my MS is acting up our lives are PERFECT!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I could barely watch that today. My heart breaks for them.....