Friday, May 8, 2009

Foul Three!

Last night at baseball practice the kids were doing a drill where they swing the bat, put it down and run to first base. Several kids went through the drill with no incident, then it was Jack's turn. Jack swung the bat and rather than dropping the bat to the ground he flung the bat behind him. Right into the nose of a boy that was standing too close. The victim was no other than the son of the woman with the gap in her teeth and the older brother of the girl that "always wears the same clothes". What are the odds? Lauren starts the attack, then Jack kicks them while they are down! The little boy's nose swelled and gushed with blood. His parents rushed him to the hospital where they gave him a CAT Scan. Jack came home from practice distraught. Travis was too upset about the incident to tell me what happened so I talked to Jack. My mind kept flashing forward to 16 year old Jack making a careless mistake and hurting someone else. I sat down and told Jack that I will always be on his side and I will always love him no matter what. I explained that I needed to know exactly what happened so I can help him deal with his mistake. I want Jack to know that he can always come to me no matter what the situation is. I hope that I layed the groundwork for that yesterday. I love this kid with all my heart and I hate to see him feeling bad. I am happy to report that the little boy is okay, thank goodness!

3 comments:

Crystal D said...

Oh my goodness, ugh my heart would have been in my throat until I heard that he was OK. No doubt that Jack was distraught. Maybe it would make him feel better he picked up a small "I apologize gift", say a baseball cap, for the little boy. Even though I am sure he knows it was just an accident, sometimes finding an easy way to say I am sorry can really clear the air.
Poor little guys.

Jaina said...

Oh how scary! I'm glad that everyone is okay. Jack is lucky to have such a wonderful Mommy that he can talk to about these things.

Anonymous said...

I like the hat idea.

kk