Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shhhh...

Travis took Jack to the auto show tonight so I told Ben and Lauren we would do something special. So, we went to Sonic followed up with a fun filled trip to Walmart to pick up a prescription and some soda. While we were waiting for my prescription to be filled we sat at the in-store McDonalds and had an ice cream cone. We had 40 minutes to kill so we had a chance to chat about our day. Ben and Lauren had a hard time using their inside voices, I had to keep reminding them that I was sitting right next to them. The woman sitting at the table next to us butted into our conversation and asked if they were twins. We had a short conversation about how old they are and what not. When we finished our ice cream we cleaned our table and threw away the drippy remains of Ben and Lauren's ice cream cones. Ben loudly announced "Good-bye ice cream!” as we walked away from the trashcan he loudly said "Good-bye McDonalds!” Then as we walked past the table he looked at the woman we had chatted with, waved and shouted "Good-bye ugly lady!” I assumed I had heard him wrong and asked him what he said. And, he pointed as he shouted, "I said good-bye to that ugly lady". Wow.

2 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

damn it, that kid is cute!