Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Holy Jeans, Batman!

Last fall when school started I bought Jack 6 pairs of jeans. He didn't start wearing them until mid-October. By January he had holes in every last pair. Now, not only do I not have any jeans to pass down to Ben, but I had to buy more jeans to make it through the winter. I bought 2 more pairs assuming that would get him through to April when he would start wearing shorts again. We are not even through February and both of the new pairs of jeans have holes now too. The kid has gone through EIGHT pairs of jeans in 4.5 months. Travis told me to send him to school in the ripped jeans but I just can't. I think that he needs to dress nicely for school to show respect for his teacher and school. I know some of you may be rolling your eyes right now. But, my grandma used to say, "If you dress like a roughian, you will be treated like a roughian." Those are words to live by people! I bought two new pairs of Levi's today. I am done buying the expensive Ralph Lauren jeans even though they are really cute! If he gets holes in these last two pairs before shorts weather I am going to buy the guaranteed Toughskins from Sears. I don't care if the other kids make fun of him. At least if he gets holes in those they will give me a new pair.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that's crazy! My girls have yet to wear out a pair of jeans - but I can talk all day about how we go through tights. Julia put a new pair on Sunday before church & they had a hole in them BEFORE we got out of the van to go into church!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should have started with the 'ToughSkins' last fall.