Sunday, November 30, 2008

Santa Sighting

We had a family outing to see Santa yesterday. The Santa that I have had the kids' pictures taken with for the last 4 years moved from the mall. Santa is now at an outdoor mall so Donner and Blitzen can come with. It is a really cool set up; Santa sits by a big stone fireplace and the reindeer are at the beginning of the line. The kids and I loved Santa's new digs. Travis considered the outdoor venue to be another element to complain about...it was cold, the reindeer smelled and the line was long. I can't even count how many times we went to see Santa last year. I was trying for the perfect picture, but Ben and Lauren cried every time. I have been talking Santa up for the laat couple weeks. We talked about how nice Santa was and they he isn't scary. They knew that Santa wouldn't be able to understand what they wanted him to bring if they were crying. Ben and Lauren were acting really brave when we were at the end of the line. The closer we got to Santa the quieter Ben got. When it was our turn Ben froze up. Lauren and Jack marched right up to Santa and told him their desires. Ben stayed back between my legs. I walked him up to Santa with him clinging to my knee. I helped Santa get the kids lined up for the photo and walked away. When I turned around I realized that Ben was still stuck to me like glue! I walked him back, plopped him on the big guys lap and got out of the way so the photographer could snap the picture. Maybe they will smile next year...

1 comment:

Jaina said...

That is one unhappy little Ben face. I hope you get the perfect smiling Santa picture soon!