Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Doggone It, People Like Me!

After we got home from Cape Cod Jack's teacher sent me a very nice email gushing over my friend Trisha. She did a fabulous job; she would rather leave her kids with her than her husband, blah, blah, blah. I really want her to like me. If she likes Trisha, she should like me. I had already volunteered to be her room mother, was she still holding the initial phone call against me? The teacher sent out an email while we were on vacation asking for a computer lab volunteer and lunchroom volunteers. In hopes of making her like me I sent an email asking if she had gotten the volunteers she needed and telling her if she still needed someone I would see if I could get a babysitter for Ben and Lauren so I could help her out. She emailed back saying she didn't have any volunteers for either. I got on the ball and found a permanent sitter on Tuesdays so I could help in the computer lab. I thought for sure this would be just the thing to make her like me. When I picked up Jack I stopped and told her that I could be the computer mom. I expected her to gush. After all she was in a bind, right? All she said was "okay". Okay? Really, I just went out of my way to get a sitter and all you say is "okay"? Is she taking me for granted already? What did I get for volunteering? An email asking me to coordinate the lunchroom volunteers since I am the room mom. And, oh by the way, there are only 2 volunteers, including me. When did I volunteer? I don't know what it is going to take to make her like me! I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

1 comment:

Jaina said...

You're the bigger person for going out of your way to help. I hope she warms up to you.