Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stubborn AND Resourceful

This morning after I completed my duties as short order cook and delivered one pancake, one grilled cheese and one waffle to the breakfast table I went to work on beverages. "I want juice!" "I want water!" "I want milk!" I barked, "Everyone is getting milk!" as I poured everyone a cup. "No, I want the blue cup!" "I want pink!" "I don't want that one." "I have already poured the milk, so you will take the cup you get” Jack and Lauren were able to accept that they would drink milk out of the cup I gave them. Ben on the other hand was hell bent on drinking his milk out of the blue cup. He took the empty blue cup to the table. I knew what he had planned and told him he would not be pouring his milk into the blue cup. He gave me the look of death for thwarting his plan. He seemed to accept his defeat, so I went about my business. When I came back into the kitchen Ben had nested the cup I gave him in the blue cup and was drinking with a giant smile on his face. At least he didn't blatantly defy me by pouring it into the blue cup...

2 comments:

Crystal D said...

Bahaha, oh my oh my. Well, that is one way to get a blue cup, and he didn't "pour" it. What a problem solver!

Jaina said...

Those problem solving skills will come in handy.