Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

Yes, I realize I haven't posted since September 3rd. We have finally finished our third rental property and we are DONE renovating houses for several months! But, even more importantly Travis and I took our first vacation without the kids in two years!

No, we aren't wearing matching sunglasses. We both forgot our shades and had to purchase some "El Cheapos" (which is actually what the shop called them). We didn't realize how similar they were until we looked at the pictures!

Our friend Amy invited us to spend four days at her uncle's house in Cape Cod. It was a fabulous trip; we went on a whale watching tour. I hoped to catch a glimpse of a whale in the distance.

We actually saw several whales right off the bow of our boat. It was great!


Travis and Amy spent an afternoon golfing while I enjoyed some time reading ALONE at the beach! We even got to do some shopping and Travis tagged along like a real trooper. We had our meals without crying, carrying on or cutting food. But, as much as I enjoyed our time as a couple rather than a party of five I was happy to see my smiling children in their consolation sweatshirts!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks like you had a great trip! Man, what I'd do for a couple days away with just Josh! And seeing those whales so close - amazing!

Jaina said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great trip. Those consolation sweatshirts look pretty awesome, they are too cute. Do you know what kind of whales you saw?