Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sweet Revenge

I said I wasn't going to buy any more diapers. I lied. We went through the diapers. We started on the boy Pull-Ups then proceeded to the left over girl Pull-Ups. He objected to the Little Mermaid Pull-Ups at first, but when he realized it was those or the toilet he and Ariel became thick as thieves. When the girl Pull-Ups ran out I thought I was just going to force him to use underwear and go in the potty. That lasted all of a day before I was tired of cleaning up accidents. I don't know if you can really call it an accident if he didn't even try. I caved and bought more diapers. I thought I was punishing him by purchasing the Walmart generic brand, Parent's Choice. They aren't nice diapers. There is absolutely zero stretch or give. They don't have the layer that whisks away any urine so the kid doesn't even know they are wet. The diapers leak 9 out of 10 overnights. I figured this would motivate him to move on. Nope. He waited for just the right moment to get his revenge. The night that he woke up in the middle of the night screaming because he was soaked in piss wasn't enough for him. The sweet revenge came early one morning after Travis had already left for work. He had to have known that he was soaked to the skin in cold urine and that is when he pounced. He came to my side of the bed and asked if he could sleep with me. "I love you mommy, can I get in?" Who can deny a request like that? Certainly not me! I was tired so I didn't do my usual quick frisk to make sure he was dry. I pulled him into bed and let him lay on top of me. We cuddled and he kissed on me until I felt it…the cold clammy feeling of his sweet revenge.

1 comment:

Jaina said...

Ouch. I wonder why he is so against it.