Friday, June 26, 2009

Six Flags, More Flags, More Fun!

Jack asked for a trip to Six Flags for his birthday back in March. We normally go over Spring Break when it is nice and cool. But, on the day that we had planned to go Jack woke up in the morning not feeling well. I got him to eat some breakfast, assuming he would feel better. It was only moments after he finished breakfast that he hurled all over the kitchen floor. So, our Six Flags trip was postponed. We decided to wait until school was out so we wouldn't have to fight the crowds on the weekend. When I received the email announcing Dora would be at Six Flags for one day only I knew that was the perfect day to go! When we scheduled the day we had no idea it would be 105 degrees out. We spent a few hours going on all sorts of rides. Travis and I took turns going on the roller coasters with Jack while the other one would take Ben and Lauren on a nearby kiddie ride. We were one of the few that thought going to Six Flags in 105 degree heat on a Thursday so we didn't have to wait in any lines! We were able to stay on most rides for two turns because there wasn't anyone waiting. The longest line we waited in was to see Dora. Travis took Jack on a ride while Lauren, Ben and I waited on Dora. When we finally got to the front of the line I got my camera out to document the moment. It was so hot that my camera wasn't functioning. As I was trying to get my camera to work Dora's security guard started pushing my stroller out of the way and ushering us through the line. I felt like Ralphie on The Christmas Story when the elf threw him down the slide and he still had more to tell Santa. There was a Six Flags representative there taking pictures, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it after spending $15 for parking, $175 for tickets and $65 for lunch. I can only hope that meeting Dora will be etched in their little memories! I was able to get the camera to work at the end of the day when the kids were nearing heat stroke. Lauren's hair started in braids; by the time the photo was taken she has one braid and one crimped ponytail. A good time was had by all!

No comments: